Two days ago, I had to take Jonah to the ER. Jonah was on my bed playing with the pillows. I was also on the bed feeding Segan. He was having a good time laughing and playing with me. And he lost his balance and hit his face on my end table. By this time, I was holding Segan trying to burp him and didn't catch Jonah in time. I saw his face hit that table so hard, I was just full of emotions after that. I was in panic mode. I held him and told him everything is going to be okay. I rushed to get my phone to call Jeff. I told him quickly what had happened and I was going to take him to the ER. Jonah stopped crying after we were in the car. All I was thinking during the car ride to the hospital was "I'm such a bad mommy!" "How could I let my baby get hurt like that!" This was Jonah's first ER visit. Jeff met me at the hospital. Jadyn wasn't with us yet. She was still at school. Jeff's mom was on her way to pick her up from school. Jonah did not like being with the nurse and doctor. He screamed and kicked like a crazy. He had a deep laceration but it was a clean cut. So they put a gluing agent to keep the wound together. Luckily they did that part while he was asleep. He was so exhausted from fighting us to hold him down. At one point, I thought I heard him cry out "WhY?!" This was during a struggle to hold him still while I was helping put numbing liquid on his wound in case they had to give him stitches. I was so heart broken to hear that.
Jonah's doing very well now. He went back to being his sweet, fun-loving self again later that day. He's a boy and so active. I'm just glad he's fine.
Before

After
No comments:
Post a Comment