I got a call from the nurse at my doctor's office this afternoon about my glucose test results. Unfortunately, it came back a little high. The cut off line is 139. I was at 148. I asked her what could have happened that showed this result? I didn't have any issues with the glucose testing with my other two kids. So I was kind of surprised. She said that it could have been that I might have eaten something the night before that could have given been this result. So I have to go back and retest. This time instead of staying an hour after the drink. I have to stay for 3 hours. But I am allowed to do whatever for those 3 hours just as long as I don't eat or drink anything within those 3 hours. I'm sure it was just something I ate before the test. This second test will probably be negative. I do recall eating strawberry poptarts for breakfast. Maybe I wasn't suppose to eat anything after 10p the night before. No one informed me what I needed to do. For this one I'm given an informative diet to follow 3 days before my testing. And I can't eat or drink anything after 10p the night before.
I think Jonah's coming down with something. He woke up from his nap screaming like crazy. I thought maybe he had a bad dream. He's been having a slight runny nose. Maybe he's getting another tooth. He wanted me to hold him the whole time. If I put him down for anything he would cry. But he's calmed down a bit and started playing and laughing again. I just hope he gets a good nights rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment